Dayton Children’s Hospital Protocols for Screening and Quarantine
Weekly COVID-19 Tracker
Since it is difficult to distinguish COVID-19 symptoms from other common contagious illnesses, please adhere to the following instructions:
1. Screen your children for ill symptoms (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose, body aches, headache, stomachache or change in taste or smell) in the morning before sending to school.
2. Students with ill symptoms should stay home. Report the absence, including symptoms, to the attendance secretary.
3. Students who develop ill symptoms while at school will be sent home.
4. Montgomery County remains at a Public Health Advisory Alert Level 3, therefore, students with ANY ill symptoms listed above are REQUIRED to provide a doctor's note BEFORE returning to school.
5. If someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19, keep all possibly exposed family members home until results are known.
School Health Requirements
All students are required by Ohio law to have an Emergency Medical Authorization Form on file which needs to be completed each academic year by a parent/guardian. The school must have emergency telephone numbers on file where the parent/guardian(s) can be reached during the school day. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to keep the school office informed of any changes to the contact information (phone number, email, etc.).