Welcome to the Valley View Local Schools Health Services website. Valley View has two full time registered nurses and a health aide serving the school district. The health services team plays an essential role in meeting the health care needs of all students and staff. Some of their functions include:
Daily management of the clinic and observation and reporting of health trends
Administration of medications and nursing procedures as prescribed by a physician and set forth by District policy
Provides first aid and referrals as needed for community resource
Develops and educates emergency action plans for the students with critical health needs
Performs mandated vision and hearing screenings and refers for follow-up as needed
Maintains health records and immunization compliance within the state requirements
Collaborates and consults with staff regarding student’s health concerns and needs in the school setting.
School health services do not replace the parents’ responsibility for obtaining health care nor the providers’ responsibility for administering care.
It is always our goal to provide a safe and healthy learning environment and I appreciate any questions or concerns that may arise.
Susan Parks, MS, APRN, LSN
District School Nurse
Please refer to the School Nurse Landing Page more helpful information and health resources
Daily Home Screening for Students
Dayton Children’s Hospital Protocols for Screening and Quarantine
Ohio Department of Health - K-12 Exposure and Quarantine
Weekly COVID-19 Tracker
Since it is difficult to distinguish COVID-19 symptoms from other common contagious illnesses, please adhere to the following instructions:
1. Screen your children for ill symptoms (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose, body aches, headache, stomachache or change in taste or smell) in the morning before sending to school.
2. Students with ill symptoms should stay home. Report the absence, including symptoms, to the attendance secretary.
3. Students who develop ill symptoms while at school will be sent home.
4. Montgomery County remains at a Public Health Advisory Alert Level 3, therefore, students with ANY ill symptoms listed above are REQUIRED to provide a doctor's note BEFORE returning to school.
5. If someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19, keep all possibly exposed family members home until results are known.
School Health Requirements
All students are required by Ohio law to have current health information and emergency telephone numbers on file where the parent/guardian(s) can be reached during the school day. At the beginning of each academic year or with any changes, it is the parents/guardians responsibility to log onto Back to School Gateway and update their child's important health and contact information.