The Ohio Department of Health mandated vision and hearing screening schedule:
- Kindergarten, first grade, third grade, and fifth grade are screened for vision and hearing.
- Seventh grade is screened for vision.
- Ninth grade is screened for vision and hearing.
- Eleventh grade is screened for vision and hearing.
- New students to the district in any grade.
Vision and hearing screenings are done to help facilitate early detection of health impairments. The screenings are not examinations. If a student does not pass the screening, a referral will be sent home with the recommendation that the parent/guardian make an appointment with a medical professional who will examine the child and determine if any treatment is required. If there are concerns regarding a child’s hearing or vision, a screening can be performed if requested by a teacher, parent, or other school personnel.