Valley View is offering the College Credit Plus (CCP) program as another option for students in grades 7-12 to earn college and high school credits simultaneously.
The courses are offered through agreements with local public universities. The option is free to students, but it should be noted that it is an unfunded state mandate, in which Valley View must cover the costs.
Valley View high school graduation requirements are not waived but may be met through CCP courses. Through the program, students can complete a year of college or more, thus reducing the time and expenses required to earn a degree.
Because it’s transcripted college credit, it will transfer to any Ohio public institution of higher learning.
Registration for College Credit Plus opens at the same time as regular class registration and when the new Program of Studies is available for the following school year.
- Submit the Intent to Participate form no later than March 31 prior to the following school year. The form must be signed by both the student and parent.
- Contact selected college for information, application forms and criteria for acceptance into their CCP program. Students must go through the procedures established by the college for admission.
- Submit the college transcript and ACT, SAT or Compass scores. Check with the college for required placement tests; schedule and take placement tests as necessary.
- Upon receiving an acceptance letter, register for classes with the college.
- Provide a copy of the schedule to the high school counselor.
- Remember, it is the responsibility of the student and parents to meet all college applications and registration deadlines.
IMPORTANT Note: Admission information for each college is listed on each college website under CCP information.