- Drama Club – Drama Club produces a play each year in the spring. Practices are a few times a week. Students must audition for a part
- Yearbook (Advisor: Mrs. Carmack) – Students take pictures and design yearbook pages all year. Meetings are a twice a week.
- Student Leadership Club (Advisor: Stephanie Carmack) – Student council members are representatives of the student body. They manage several charity events such as Coats for Kids and the Canned Food Drive. Students must run for office at the beginning of the school year. Meetings are held a few times a month.
- Power of the Pen (Advisor: Mrs. Harshberger) – Power of the Pen is a writing club that is open to all seventh and eighth graders. The club will meet once a week after school beginning in October. Students will be given various prompts to write about and discuss in order to sharpen their writing skills. They will compete against other area schools in a district competition. Winners will receive trophies and other awards. Select winners from the district competition will move on to a regional writing competition which is followed by a state competition in May.
- Robotics & Technology Club (STEM Club) (Advisor: Mrs. Weaver) – Students will explore a number of different robotic platforms, computer coding and building. They also program and fly drones. This is an after school program and students can come on a drop-in basis. They meet weekly.
- 8th Grade Trip – (Coordinator: Mrs. Grunkemeyer) --Students in 8th grade will have the opportunity to attend a trip to Washington, D.C. at the end of their 8th grade year. More information will be sent home in the spring.
- Ag Club – The Valley View/MVCTC FFA Chapter hosts an after school program for 7th and 8th grade students who may be interested in joining the Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resource class in their freshman year. The program will allow students to get a head start on their FFA career at Valley View and/or just have fun learning about nature and agriculture. The program will include activities to help students learn what we do in our agricultural education program both inside and outside of class.
- Art Club (Adviser: Mrs. Evans) – This year the Valley View Junior High Art Dept. will be offering an Art Club during and after school hours. Some sessions will be held after school for students in the 7th and 8th grade. Most sessions will be scheduled on Wednesdays/Thursdays from 2:30- 3:10. The Activity Bus will be provided for those students that need transportation. This opportunity will give students time to explore their art skills and be part of a fun group.
The activity bus is available for transportation after these club meetings at 3:10. Students will ride a bus to the elementary and then ride an elementary bus home. Students must have a pass from a teacher to ride the activity bus.